DFID's Land: Enhancing Governance for Economic Development (LEGEND) programme is promoting learning and innovation through 7 CSO-private sector partnerships in diverse agri-regions in 5 African countries; USAID and others are supporting similar initiatives. This side event will share and discuss early insights from these pilots and explore what can be achieved through these approaches:
• The type of investments and the challenges they face at project sites and along supply chain.
• Case studies from Malawi, Mozambique and Ghana: early lessons emerging.
• New tools and approaches being developed.
• How civil society and private business can work together and what Governments can do.
• Opportunities to broaden learning and scale up success.
The event features speakers from: DFID LEGEND Team; lllovo Sugar, Malawi; Terra Firma, Mozambique; USAID; Oxfam CFS Private Sector Mechanism (PSM) and Civil Society Mechanism (CSM). Closing keynote: Lorenzo Cotula, IIED.
Open space for contributions: Tell us about your initiative!
Coffee, tea and breakfast snacks available.
This event takes place on the 11 October 2017, from 08:30am - 10:00am, at the Lebanon Room, FAO Headquarters, Rome, and is side event #32 at the 44th Committee on World Food Security (CFS 44).
Photo by Ricky Martin/CIFOR