This indicator ranks different countries according to the score of the "Land Owership" component of the Global Open Data Index (GODI).
The main idea in this specific case is that data should include maps of lands with parcel layer that displays boundaries in addition to a land registry with information on registered parcels of land. The Index focuses on assessing open land tenure data (describing the rules and processes of land property). In particular, "Land Ownership" was assessed against 6 criteria:
- Openly licenced - Is the data openly licensed/in public domain? (20 points)
- Open and machine readable format - Is the data in open and machine-readable file formats? (20 points)
- Downloadable at once - Is the data downloadable at once? (15 points)
- Up-to-date - Is the data up-to-date? (15 points)
- Publicly available - Is the data available online without the need to register or request access to the data? (15 points)
- Free of charge - Is the data available free of charge? (15 points)
For more information, please visit http://cadasta.org/open-data/overview-of-property-rights-data/ or https://index.okfn.org/dataset/land/.
For more information on the scoring on which this ranking is based, check out the "Global Open Data Index - Land Ownership - Score" Indicator on the Land Portal.
- Loading ranking chart