Global Land Alliance seeks a dynamic, highly motivated and self-propelled consultant to engage with a wide range of regional stakeholders to increase engagement with the Prindex initiative, encourage the utilization of its research findings for policy reform, and expand the initiative in specific countries. This role will require near full time effort for a 12-month period, with the possibility of contract renewal for another 12 months.
About Prindex and the Global Land Alliance: The mission of Global Land Alliance is to enable the prosperity of people and places by advancing learning and practice to achieve land tenure security and the efficient, inclusive and sustainable use of land and natural resources.
Prindex, the Global Property Rights Index, is a collaborative initiative between Global Land Alliance and ODI to develop and roll out the first globally comparable measurement of citizens’ perceptions of their property rights. Prindex is establishing a global baseline of perceptions of land tenure security with national-level surveys. This baseline data will provide empirical grounding for a global conversation and movement around securing the property rights of billions of people who currently lack them.
Consultancy Title: Regional Engagement Coordinator – Latin America
Location: Latin America (The consultant may be located anywhere in the region)
- Identify opportunities for stakeholders to use Prindex data to influence national policy discussions on land and property rights and to monitor the impact of policies and programs to improve security of land tenure and property rights, through:
- Monitoring development of land issues and debates in key countries.
- Communicating about the Prindex initiative and building relationships with key stakeholders in the region, including government agencies, universities and other research organizations nonprofits or other civil society organizations, private sector actors.
- Sharing data and discussing its policy implications with stakeholders, including government agency personnel, NGO staff, civil society, research organizations, via email, meetings and events, phone calls and other media.
- Presenting Prindex data and analysis at relevant conferences and meetings.
- Identify opportunities for generating Prindex-related data and policy-relevant material at country and/or regional levels, coordinating and supporting local spin-off research projects with technical support from Global Prindex research team, and making linkages with related policy reform agendas in areas such as housing and urbanization, climate and environment, natural resource management, agriculture, governance, women’s rights and human rights.
- Communicate with country engagement project team on a weekly basis, providing regular verbal and written updates when required.
- Must be living in Latin America.
- Proficient in English and Spanish.
- 5 years’ work experience in one the following fields or related field: housing and land rights, agricultural and environmental development policy, governance, women’s rights, human rights, ideally with international experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, lead initiatives, create relationships.
- Report writing and communications leadership experience.
- Competency with Microsoft Office package (including word and excel files), and social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Access to internet, ability to commute independently (arrange own transportation), and have a personal computer and communication equipment.
- Ability to travel frequently within the region.
How to Apply: Visit the recruitment page on the Global Land Alliance website: www.globallandalliance.org/careers, where you can upload your curriculum vitae (CV) and a cover letter explaining your interests and qualifications (addressed to Malcolm Childress, Global Land Alliance Executive Director) no later than midnight EST on Sunday, February 9, 2020, or email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Regional Coordinator – Latin America – Job Application” as the subject of the email.