Born and raised in Slovenia, Primoz Kovacic is an entrepreneur and geodetic engineer who lives in Nairobi, Kenya. Primoz is a co-founder and director of Spatial Collective, an enterprise that supports communities and organizations in adopting available technologies to collect data that is important to them. He blogs about participatory development, mapping, technology, data, collective action, and research on mappingnobigdeal.com.
Primoz is a 2015 PopTech Fellow. You can find him on Twitter: @primuskov and on Instagram: @primuskov
In a nutshell:
• Co-Founder and Director at Spatial Collective
• PopTech Fellow: class 2015
• Graduate teaching and research assistant at The School of Media and Public Affairs, George Washington University
• Programmes Director at Map Kibera Trust
• Consultant at the World Bank, UNICEF, and National Democratic Institute
• Assistant GIS analyst at the Institute for Water of the Republic of Slovenia
• Cartography Assistant at the DFG Consulting d.o.o.