The Italian Society of Silviculture and Forest Ecology (Italian: Società Italiana di Selvicoltura ed Ecologia Forestale, or SISEF), established in 1995, is a non-profit cultural association promoting the diffusion of scientific forest culture in Italy, and all over the world.
SISEF mission is to promote researches on:
- structure, functionality and sustainable management of forest ecosystems
- forest habitat, forest biodiversity and genetics
- dendro-ecology, silviculture, wood production and technology, forest harvesting
- landscape, forest ecosystem services
SISEF aims also to promote
- Coordination, strengthening and networking of forest research
- Forest education
SISEF supports communication among its members interested in studying forest science and forestry issues, covering all aspects of an interdisciplinary science, including biology, ecology, silviculture, wood production, climate change, environmental and socio-economy aspects.
SISEF is accredited by ANVUR, the Italian National Agency for the evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes; and is a member of AISSA, the Italian Association of Scientific Agriculture Societies.
SISEF's headquarters is in Viterbo, Italy, at the Department for Innovation in Biological, Agro-Food and Forest Systems, of Tuscia University.