This law has been enacted in accordance with paragraph (4) of article 40 of the Constitution of Afghanistan.
The objectives of this law are as following:
- Allowing fair acquisition of individuals’ properties.
- Regulating methods of determination of properties acquired.
- Allowing implementation of urban masterplan and all other plans for projects of public interest.
- Determining standards for appraisal of fair Compensation for properties under acquisition.
- Allowing transfer of governmental properties for implementation of projects of public interest.
- Resettlement of owners of acquired properties in major national projects.
- Compensation to owner and all other people affected by the process of expropriation.
- Increasing positive impact of expropriation on people.
Authors and Publishers
Afghanistan Wiki: "The politics (government) of Afghanistan consists of the council of ministers, provincial governors and the national assembly, with a president serving as the head of state and commander-in-chief of the Afghan Armed Forces."