The Land Portal is an independent non-profit delivering a clear strategy to draw together reliable and trustworthy evidence for use in program development, advocacy campaigning and policy formulation for better land governance.
We work to create a better information ecosystem for land governance, working through a core and trusted platform and wide-ranging partnerships. Our work is based on an open development approach.
We work with cutting-edge linked and open data technologies, providing services and support that improve data access, and that build a more inclusive information landscape.
Are you a dynamic developer? Are you interested in working with an exciting young organization full of possibilities? The Land Portal is looking for a Drupal Developer, to begin immediately.
Your responsabilities will be to support the move of the main functions of the Land governance Programme Map & Database to the Land Portal’s Project Database and to work in the Land Portal migration from Drupal 7 to Drupal 9.
The position is home-based and it is initially for 1 year.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Understanding of Drupal 7 and 9 core principles.
- Proven experience building, extending and configuring multilingual Drupal sites using core and contrib modules.
- Proven experience creating custom modules and/or proven experience building responsive Drupal themes .
- Experience to source control tools (preferably GitLab).
- Adherence to Drupal standard good practices.
- Commitment to managing maintainable, scalable, cross-browser and mobile code across large sites.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Drupal migrations.
- Experience working with data.
- Awareness of current trends and best practices in web development/technologies.
- Experience working in nonprofit organizations.
The Drupal Expert will be working closely with the Land Portal Web Developer and under the supervision of the the Land Portal Web Manager.
Interested candidates are expected to submit:
- Cover letter;
- Two references for similar work who can be contacted. University references are also accepted.
- Samples of Drupal projects you've worked on, explaining your role in each project.
Send applications to: email@example.com with the subject line 'Drupal Developer.'
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.