ILC requires an expert consultant under the supervision and guidance of the Governance Reform Committee. The consultant will address the central issue of overcoming power imbalances within the Coalition that arise from the diversity of its members and could be reinforced by the institutional structures of the coalition.
TIMEFRAME: OCTOBER 2022 - FEBRUARY 2023
The consultant will propose how to:
Overcome power imbalances while preserving – and capitalizing on – our diversity
- Guarantee greater bottom-up member participation, representation and decision-making
- Adjust the institutional structures of the ILC to overcome – and not ignore or reinforce – power imbalances in the network.
She/he will assist the Committee to:
- Propose a step-wise process for the review, based on the indications of the Governance Review Report
- Undertake a preliminary review of ILC Charter in light of the evolution of the ILC network and Strategy 2030
- Engage ILC members through a network survey, interviews and group discussions to ensure a consultative process with ILC One Team support.
- Develop a set of governance pathways to be considered by the Governance reform Committee
- Develop a Governance Reform Proposal, including proposed amendments to the ILC Charter
The consultant will work under close guidance of the Governance reform Committee and with the support of One Team. The final outcome is aimed at meeting ILC membership expectation and being truly consultative.
More details can be found here.