We envision a world where every woman and girl everywhere can realize her human right to a life free from violence.
In the face of the global culture of impunity on violence against women, the Every Woman Treaty mainstreams the right to a life free from violence for every woman and girl, everywhere. We work to eliminate this violence worldwide by mobilizing a global movement and advancing a treaty to prevent violence against women and girls.
1. We believe every woman and girl has a right to a life free from violence.
2. We believe that the massive gaps that exist in the legal framework and global implementation on violence against women must be addressed.
3. We believe a global treaty on violence against women violence against women will be a substantial step forward in protecting women and girls from violence.
4. We believe effective policy grows from real-world expertise of human rights practitioners and survivors.
5. We believe in engaging a diverse community in the effort to end violence against women and girls.
6. We believe men and boys must play a critical leadership role in ending violence against women and girls.
7. We believe in a foundation of rigorous research and policy analysis.
8. We believe success is founded on respect, professionalism, listening, hard work, creativity, honesty, and relentlessness.