Intergovernmental or Multilateral organization
URDT was founded to address the missing link in development programmes, the merger of:
- truly functional education;
- consciousness and conscience raising;
- skills training;
- rural development interventions.
with the intent of empowering marginalized people living in rural communities in Uganda.
The mission of URDT is:
- To facilitate integrated, self-generating development of the rural communities and economies, using an approach that combines rural development projects with consciousness raising, training, education and information sharing, so that the new awakening is buttressed by skills and knowledge and remains resident with the people as they organically change the quality of their lives.
- To enable the people of Uganda in general, and in the Bunyoro Region in particular, to recognize and embody common vision and values and work together to create for themselves peace, prosperity, health, freedom and happiness as they discover that they are key to their own development.
- To enable people to tap their innate powers and wisdom to create an environment that fosters personal and communal growth.
- To enable people to recognize and use the inter-relationship between development concerns in health, nutrition, sanitation, water management, rural technologies, sustainable income generation, governance and environment so that they have a holistic approach to their development.