PLOT 3-5 Portbell RoadNakawa
See map: Google Maps
Roles and Functions of Uganda Land Commission
The 1995 Constitution Art.239 lays out the functions of ULC as to hold and manage any land in Uganda vested in or acquired by Government of Uganda in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution and such other functions as may be prescribed by Parliament.
The Land Act, Cap 227 (sec 49) lays out the functions of ULC as follows;
- Hold and manage any land in Uganda which is vested in or acquired by the Government in accordance with the Constitution.
- Where applicable, hold and manage any land acquired by the Government abroad, except that the Commission may delegate the management of such land to Uganda’s Missions abroad.
- Procure certificates of title for any land vested in or acquired by the Government;
- Perform such other functions as may be prescribed by or under the Land Act or any other enactment;
- Sec 41(2) of the Land Act places management of the Land Fund (LF) to the Uganda Land Commission.