What is the FSWG?
The FSWG professional network of local, international NGOs, Community Based Organizations and individuals who are working and interested in food security related issues in Myanmar. The FSWG addresses cross-cutting social, economic, ethnic, and environmental issues in food security through capacity building, managing knowledge and information, and advocacy, through effective network collaboration, communication, monitoring and evaluation, and organisational performance.
For all women, men and children of Myanmar, at all times, to have physical and economic access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food to meet their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy lifestyle.
- To improve the quality of, and the enabling environment for, food security interventions and policies implemented in Myanmar through mobilising the collective capacities of the network to:
- Build the capacity of food security actors in Myanmar to deliver food security programs;
- Manage information and knowledge that enables more effective action to achieve food security in Myanmar;
- Advocate to decision-makers within political, economic, and social systems and institutions that effect food security in Myanmar so that they are influenced to take action for greater food security;
- Coordinate the utilisation of scarce resources and capabilities for addressing food security in Myanmar; and
- Enable the FSWG to maintain the highest standards of excellence and integrity for a network organisation, responding to the needs of its members by being efficient, transparent, impact-oriented, collaborative, communicative, and enabling.