A non-profit NGO that works to empower women to attain their rights and to improve vulnerable population’s access to justice across Tanzania.
- To provide legal aid services to women and children so as to safeguard their rights and improve their livelihoods.
- To facilitate the establishment and strengthening of paralegal units across Tanzania to foster community-based education on legal and human rights, and to improve timely access to quality legal aid.
- To lobby for change of discriminatory policies, laws and cultural practices which promote and sustain gender-based violence.
- To prepare and publish educational materials related to women and children’s rights.
- To develop and strengthen partnerships with like-minded organizations at the local, national and international level.
- To prepare informational radio and television programs and liaise with the print media on issues related to gender equality and women and children’s rights
- To prepare radio programs and liaise with the media in order to provide the masses with education about the law, gender-based violence, and human rights.
- To conduct seminars, workshops, and conferences on different topics related to women and children’s rights to different segments of the population.
VISION: A just society that respects the rights of women and children
MISSION: To promote access to justice and advocate for gender responsive policies for women and children