The Land Portal Foundation is a public benefit organization (ANBI) registered in the Netherlands (RSIN# 854330045), established on 8 September 2014.
Our areas of focus:
- Improving knowledge, communication and dialogue around land rights and land governance worldwide, with a particular emphasis on those most at-risk due to insecure land rights and great vulnerability to landlessness;
- Creating and maintaining a system, known as "The Land Portal", that facilitates the collection, sourcing, and searching of otherwise fragmented and inaccessible data and information on land governance and land use from diverse sources, produced by governments, academia, international organizations, indigenous peoples and non-governmental organizations;
- Encouraging social information exchange, debate and networking;
- Establishing and maintaining a web-based data system that builds its strong foundations as the online destination for land information by combining public data, published information, and first-hand knowledge.
As a registered Public Benefit Organization (non-profit) in the Netherlands, the Land Portal Foundation does not generate profits from its activities. We ensure all funds generated or received by the foundation are used to accomplish its stated missions and values. Our board members do not receive any remuneration for their work and only receive reimbursement of expenses incurred in the performance of their duties as board members.
Donations to the Land Portal Foundation can typically be deducted from your annual taxes, depending upon your country of residence. Learn more about donating to the Land Portal.
As a non-profit organization, we are committed to meeting the highest standards of reporting and accountability. Our fiscal and reporting year runs from January to December, and our accounts are checked and approved by a certified accountant in the Netherlands. You will find links to our annual and financial reports below.
- 2021: Annual Report of Activities / Financial report
- 2020: Annual Report of Activites / Financial report
- 2019: Annual Report of Activities / Financial report
- 2018: Annual Report of Activities / Financial report
- 2017: Annual Report of Activities / Financial report
- 2016: Annual Report of Activities / Financial report
Land Portal Foundation
7534 PA Enschede