The Land Portal Foundation is registered as an ANBI (a Public Benefit Organization) in the Netherlands under the RSIN number 854330045 since September 8th, 2014.
The postal address is:
Land Portal Foundation
3823 TB Amersfoort
As a non-profit organization, the Land Portal Foundation is committed to meeting the highest standards of reporting. Our fiscal and reporting year runs from January to December. Our accounts are checked and approved by a certified accountant in the Netherlands. Below you will find links to our annual reports.
- Annual Report of Activities 2014 and 2015
- Financial report 2014 and 2015
- Annual Report of Activities 2016
- Financial report 2016
- Annual Report of Activities 2017
- Financial report 2017
Foundation plans & policies
The main focus areas of the Land Portal Foundation are:
- Improving knowledge, communication and dialogue around land rights and land governance worldwide, with a particular emphasis on those most at-risk due to insecure land rights and great vulnerability to landlessness;
- Creating and maintaining a system, known as "The Land Portal", that facilitates the collection, sourcing, and searching of otherwise fragmented and inaccessible data and information on land governance and land use from diverse sources, produced by governments, academia, international organizations, indigenous peoples and non-governmental organizations;
- Encouraging social information exchange, debate and networking;
- Establishing and maintaining a web-based data system that builds its strong foundations as the online destination for land information by combining public data, published information, and first-hand knowledge.
Being a Public Benefit Organization (non-profit) in the Netherlands, means that the Land Portal Foundation does not aim to make a profit, but to ensure all funds running through the Foundation are used to accomplish its stated missions and values. Land Portal Foundation Board members receive no renumeration for their work; they are only entitled to reimbursement of expenses incurred by them in the performance of their duties as Land Portal Foundation Board member.
Natural and legal persons making a donation to the Land Portal Foundation are allowed to deduct these donations from their Dutch income or corporate income tax. Click here to read more about how to make a donation.