The webinar An introduction to Prindex took place on 28 November, 2018. This webinar presented a basic understanding of how Prindex works. The Prindex team presented results of data collected from 15 countries. It focused on pathways for using Prindex to propel policy conversations and movement-building for policy reform with the help of panellists from some of the countries where data was collected.
Panelists were asked to address the following questions:
- What is the importance of perceptions on land governance and its consequences?
- What were some key results of the Prindex data in your country?
- How can you use this data?
The webinar was co-hosted by Prindex and the Land Portal Foundation.
Moderator: Co-Executive Director of the Global Land Alliance and Co-Director of Prindex
- Alfred Brownell, Green Advocates (Liberia), Distinguished Scholar Northeastern University Law School (Boston USA), and Scholar Rescue Fund Chair, Beau Biden Foundation
- Ibrahima Ka, Doctor of Public Law, Land Specialist, IPAR, Senegal
- Claudia Mondragon, Director, Land Management Observatory, National University of Honduras
194 people registered for the webinar, with 86 people ultimately participating.
A complete recording of the webinar is available on YouTube: https://youtu.be/iEHaufrxKBQ
Authors and Publishers
The Land Portal is a Foundation registered in the Netherlands in 2014.
The vision of the Portal is to improve land governance to benefit those with the most insecure land rights and the greatest vulnerability to landlessness through information and knowledge sharing.
Land Alliance is a think-and-do tank that tests new approaches to defining and managing rights, shares expertise and best practices globally, and supports groups working to scale the solution of land issues.
We are a new non-profit organization launched in 2014. We are a think-and-do tank focused on resolving land issues to address four critical development challenges: